Thursday, May 24, 2012

Latin

So we are trying out a new foreign language program with K. If we like it, I'll introduce it to the other girls. K wants to take Latin but she really wants to do conversational Spanish. She is allowed to take one foreign language class (and bonus--she'll get high school credit) so she had to think about this pretty hard. I hated the fact it was even a decision. She's pretty efficient in her ability to take on more than one language as she has been doing Spanish since 1st grade. So, we discussed it and decided that as a homeschooled child she should be able to do Latin and Spanish. Latin I had to pay for. Spanish will be provided for by the cyberschool.


After reading several reviews and looking at The Well-Trained Mind, we chose Lively Latin. I liked the fact that it is in .pdf form, with online elements, and it's a lifetime membership. So for one price all four children can take Latin.


For me, it is highly important all of my children have a strong language foundation. Latin is where the root of most American-English was formulated from so it is important for K to learn this language. I am actually a little irritated that more schools do not provide this Language class to their students. It probably is one of those classes you should learn as an English major, really.  Ah, but that's another thought process...the things I would have done differently if I could go back to college.


We purchased this program yesterday, so i don't have much to review. I am hoping to review it within the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment