Saturday, October 6, 2012

Lapbooking!

We made our first lapbook! I wasn't feeling too well and M wanted to do something to keep away the "boredom" blues so I figured a sit down craft might help. She wanted to do some Girl Scout badge work. She's 9 and a first year junior. The idea of earning badges is appealing and exciting. Since November is coming around and our household is buzzing with political talk, I thought a lesson in civics and government wouldn't be a bad place to start with badge work.Most of our resources came from the Girl Scout Junior Handbook, Crayola's website (presidential coloring sheet), www.homeschoolblogger.com/joyfulschool, www.apples4theteacher.com, and homeschoolshare.com, enchantedlearning.com. If I missed anyone please let me know. I'll add it to the credits. I took from here and there and we made our own creation!



Here's the inside cover.

The flap cover. She decided to draw the American Flag. I am proud of her creativity.

This is the back cover. I photocopied the the badge requirement pictures and we cut it out. Then she added some National symbols.

The proud little Junior displaying her work!

No comments:

Post a Comment