Friday, March 9, 2012

Art Show

I'm not sure how exactly I got the idea but at some point I got the idea that our Girl Scout Service Unit needed to do an art show. I guess the point was to showcase work created by area troops and to spread word about girl scouting. It's the 100th year celebration so it seemed like a great time to do it. I searched the web and noticed councils were having similar programs.

This afternoon was our kickoff to the Art Show and Girl Scout week. The art show went well and the local library gave us a whole room to do it in! We had all sorts of artworks and stuff set up, and while it took several hours, it definitely was worth it at the end of the day. My girls were tickled to have their art on display. These are little things I know they miss because they are home schooled. And maybe that's where the whole idea actually stemmed from--giving them a piece of that experience and pride that comes with people seeing your work on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment